Saltford Water sports Centre
Emergency Action Plan
This document must be read by all Canoe Avon members attending the Canoe Avon Activity or session. It details emergency procedures when a High Risk Event (HRE) happens. HRE’s are situations that could cause death or serious injury.
All Coaches & Helpers need to be notified a HRE is in progress using the flowing systems:
|Codeword “MANGO” used.||Impending action needed.||Wait for further instructions.|
|Codeword “PINEAPPLE”||Individual lifeguard has a situation that is beyond what they can deal with||All Trained coaches to take up points on bank, those able to commandeer boats to do so and coaches on the water to assist coach in trouble.|
Coaches and committee members who are present manage the situation with the following protocol:
- Whole team relax, anyone sounding stressed to be assumed not competent.
- First coach/ Club member on scene to relay situation details.
- Senior coach present ascertains situation details.
- A Road Safety Person is appointed to manage the road and to direct Ambulance if needed. Coaches to make this choice with advice from first person on scene.
- Casualty landing areas made clear. Pathway for access to landing point and from landing point to car park to be cleared with help from any members present.
- People on the bank to move any public or non-essential personal and create a clear area.
- Coaches/helpers on the bank become ready to enter water to assist with a landing if required.