CANOE AVON CLUB
CHANGING AND SHOWERING FACILITIES POLICY
Canoe Avon is aware that some young people may feel uncomfortable changing or showering with adults. If this is not the case with your child then the Club needs your consent.
The club endorses the ECB principles and guidelines as follows:
- Adults must not change or shower at the same time using the same facility as children/juniors
- Adults should try at all times to change at separate times to children/Juniors
- If adults and children/juniors need to share a changing facility, the club must have consent from their parents that their child can share a changing room with adults at the Club
- If adults and children/juniors need to share a changing facility, their parents will be allowed to supervise them whilst they are changing.
- Mobile phones, which include an image enhancing or photo facility, must not be used in the changing or showering areas.
- Cameras or video equipment must not be used in the changing or showering area.
Please note that if children are uncomfortable changing or showering at the club, no pressure should be placed on them to do so. They will be encouraged to do this at home.