It is the policy of Canoe Avon that all paddlers, volunteers, coaches and parents show respect and understanding for each other and conduct themselves in a way that reflects the principles of the Club. The aim is for all paddlers to improve performance and have fun.
Everyone involved in the Club should abide by the Club Rules and Policies.
- Take care of all property belonging to the club or club members
- Treat other club members with respect at all times, on and off the water; treat other paddlers as you would want to be treated yourself.
- Control tempers and avoid behaviour which may affect or upset others.
- Co-operate and listen to your coach or club officials.
Club Officials, Coaches and Volunteers
- Consider the wellbeing and safety of paddlers before the development of performance.
- Develop an appropriate working relationship with performers, based on mutual trust and respect.
- Make sure all activities are appropriate to the age, ability and experience of those taking part.
- Display consistently high standards of behaviour and appearance.
- Follow British Canoeing and club guidelines and policies.
- Hold the appropriate, up-dated qualifications and insurance.
- Encourage paddlers to value their performance and not just results.
- Never condone the use of prohibitive substances.
- Help your child to recognise good performance, not just results.
- Never force your child to take part in sport.
- Never punish or belittle a child for loosing or making mistakes.
- Publicly accept official’s judgements.
- Support your child’s involvement and help them to enjoy the sport.
- Use correct and proper language at all times.
- Set a good example by applauding good performances of all paddlers.
If a breach of the provisions or principles of this Code of Conduct occurs or is reasonably suspected to have occurred, Canoe Avon reserves the right to take such action as it deems appropriate, including but not limited to asking the person responsible for the breach to leave the club premises.
Any disciplinary or complaint hearings in connection with a breach of these rules shall be dealt with in accordance with the disciplinary procedure as set out in the club’s constitution.
Updated April 2019